As a vegetarian, there isn’t much in the way of turkey in our house. However, I was very excited about making this little guy to decorate the shelf outside our apartment.
I made this guy using the pattern on bitter sweet blog.
I found making the tail to be the most fun part of this project (and assembly to be the most painful). It was really fun to choose the colors and patterns. Like the ghost, I struggled for while with eyes and a nose for this guy. The pattern includes instructions for a beak, but I wasn’t happy with the way it turned out. In the end, I decided to go without a face.
Since I only finished this project one week before thanksgiving, I was hesitant to pack him away in December. Instead, I decided to leave him out for all December, and made him a festive hat! I made the hat by making a simple cone with a puff ball on top. If you don’t have access to a cone pattern, you can just follow the first part of the tutorial for Holiday Lights.